1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers: Dumb, but entertaining (possible mild spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenthumb, Jun 29, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Noobs. They're so cute when they've got all of 119 posts and go declaring "end of discussion."

Fetch me a fucking beer.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Spoilers for Transformers 2 are already out.
    That was fast.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Huh? They can't possibly be accurate, can they?

/needs directions to these alleged spoilers

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I have an idea for a movie...it's about some entity/organization taking down the computer mainframe and digital structure of the entire United States, features a bunch of fast-typing hackers and pseudo-techie footage, and the use of CB or shortwave radios. I'll call it, Transform or Die Hard.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Every time something comes up and leaves me with even less time to go see this movie, I hear more good word-of-mouth on it. Guess I'm making the time this weekend.

6. outofplace

Finally saw it today and the title of this thread fits perfectly. They went INTO THE FUCKING CITY? Um...how exactly was that helpful and what idiot thinks that is a good idea? Let's see if we can put more people in the line of fire. Nice idea.

Some of the fight scenes are hard to make sense of, but they're still pretty stunning. I still don't get why the scene with Megatron and Jazz was from so far away.

I'm sure it was a nod to the fans, but the gag with Bumblebee talking like a Junkion got old fast. But there was some really funny stuff long with some great action sequences.

Entertaining way to spend 2 hours, 23 minutes...and I'll probably be back for the sequel, too.

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

Hey, if everyone liked Transformers then make sure to check out this sure-to-be hit that I noticed in Blockbuster: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960835/

$.

8. outofplace

Um....ok...what the heck is that?

By the way, I saw some questions raised early in the thread that I can speak to now that I've seen it.

Somebody asked where Optimus Prime was for much of the battle in the city. But he left the chase on the expressway to fight Bonecrusher, so that's why he had to catch up.

Maybe when he showed up, he should have said, "Oops" or "My bad" again. His dialogue outside Sam's house just cracked me up.

Draft saved Draft deleted