1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

transcript of olbermann's latest rant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Nov 3, 2006.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Next thing you know some crazy person here might criticize Chris Russo of WFAN. Or maybe Rush Limbaugh? But, hey, they make a million dollars a year. Luggy, there are plenty of complete jackasses who meet your criteria of success.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Umm, isn't this a couple of weeks old?

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

For the performance aspect of on-air delivery... let's just say people tend to quit tweaking after they've "made it," and they concentrate on other things.

Not that it's a great parallel, but I doubt Tom Cruise is taking acting lessons these days.

The aspects of his delivery you don't like... Others obviously do. It becomes a matter of opinion. I don't think NBC will be springing for an on-air coach. ;D

But I'll give you this LJB: Your sentiments sum up this site perfectly.

-------------

Cran: Limbaugh and Russo? Money's only part of it, but I do think those guys are successful in their fields, yes. Call me crazy.

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

What, Lugs, you think that because you work in TV, you have a better grasp of it that us experts who watch TV? ;)

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Is Olbermann the only one speaking out like this?

I didn't see last night's special comment, but I liked most of what I read.

His comment from ground zero on the fifth anniversary was exceptional -- in terms of content and performance.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I indicated I have enormous respect for him.

And I hope the sentiments of this site are never faultless idolatry of colleagues because they're popular or happen to make a shit ton of money. Carl Lewis once sold a half million record albums in Sweden.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I used to cover ESPN and I've known Olbermann in that capacity since his early days there, so I feel pretty comfortable in my ability to provide an objective critique of his performance. But, you know, I never was a local TV personality and he is a millionaire ... so maybe I'm not worthy afterall?

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I thought the Hare Krishna was a she in Dawn of the Dead?

9. Olbermann is the O'Reilly of the left.

And you, sir, were apparently touched by the hyperbole fairy today.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That's was a personal shot at me, cran. We obviously can't have a civil disagreement or debate anymore.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, please, there is NO comparison. Like Anne Coulter, O'Reilly is a fraud, a liar and a bully. And like most bullies, he'll hide under the kitchen table at the first sign of someone fighting back.

He's an intellectual midget with not a smidgen of decency.

Please stop draqging out that absolutely asinine comparison.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Really? The hyperbole fairy? This from a man who sides with one of the most criminal administrations in history? Yeah, you're right. Thousands of American lives lost in a faulty premise war is hyperbole. Tell that to the families of the dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted