1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trampoline for children - How to convince wife NOT to get one

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Just hand the kids a pack of matches.
    Cheaper.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fire up YouTube, do a search for "trampoline injuries," and spend a few moments together. This is the first video that came up:

For added effect, pause on the guy at the 40-second mark and do a diagnosis of how this could happen to your kids.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Element of risk? Sure, I will agree with that.

However, the elements of risk (riding a bike or playing sports or just "playing") that my children participate in are part of their greater good. They'll need those skills (bicycles) or want those skills (sports/play) later in life.

I doubt they will be jumping on a trampoline in a decade.

There is enough danger in the world. Why pay for more and keep it in my backyard?

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you have an HOA buy a trampoline and a doghouse at the same time and see what happens.

It's something that can easily become rundown and an eyesore. Above ground pools are the same way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Get a "bounce house."
    They run like 200 bucks for a smaller one. My brother in law has one for my niece. He can break it out if she wants to use it - only takes like 5 minutes to inflate - and it's cool to have for the kids during parties, holidays, etc.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If the HOA even allows it. That's a good question. Apparently, theirs does. If they even have an HOA.

Also, above ground pools are terrible. Either pay for a good one or get a pool pass for the town pool.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We have a bounce house. The kids love it and the neighborhood kids are thinks we're the coolest parents around because they don't have one. We spent $100 on it at Wal-Mart and it's great.

Buy one at Wal-Mart or a place that has a very liberal return policy. We've returned it and gotten a new one probably four times. Our kids are fine on it, but whenever more than a couple neighbor kids come over, they forget to take off their shoes, or in one example, the little shit from across the street actually bit a hole in it.

9. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

We used to go off the garage roof onto the trampoline, double bounce into the pool. That was cool until the mom whose house it was saw us and flipped her shit.
    My advice is hell no.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Go find an indoor trampoline place. That's enough without the liability.

Buddy went home when he was 33 for a family reunion, they busted out the trampoline and he did not come back for a month. Snapped his leg and could not travel.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Tell your wife:
    'I'll do the thin'in' around here, Baba Louie, and don't you forget it.'

[​IMG]

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I couldn't imagine wanting to go on a trampoline in my 30s. Was beer involved?

Draft saved Draft deleted