1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trampoline for children - How to convince wife NOT to get one

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Find video clips from "The Man Show's" girls on trampolines segments.

Then, hint that you wouldn't mind seeing her bounce.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nothing like blowing money on something dangerous that will devalue your property and everyone else's around you.

Instead, buy a season pass to the local pool.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How will that de-value your property and that of everyone else around you?

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

How about a set of switchblades instead?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What a great show that was.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Kids who wore bike helmets got made fun of a lot when I was growing up. Is it still like that?

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Some neighbors don't want to look out their window and see a big trampoline, or a bunch of kids with mangled limbs covered in blood because they tried to play NBA Jam on the trampoline.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Should be.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What about a pool? The neighbors could look out the window and see little Jimmy floating face down after drowning, too.

I certainly wouldn't be pissed if my neighbor set up a trampoline in his backyard for his kids. Does it mean I'd set one up for mine? Not necessarily, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone else who did.

To say it would de-value your home and the homes around you is a bit of a reach, I think.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Pools are worth the risk because adults can enjoy them, too.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I would agree with this.

12. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I would get over it. Do what you can to make it reasonably safe (the new netting around the outside would be a good precaution, something like this http://www.willygoat.com/imagescatalog/MagicCircle/4b.jpg ). Don't let your kids do stupid stuff like jumping off a deck 10 feet down to the trampoline. Draw rules about how they can and can't use the thing. The biggest injury risks come from front flips (landing on their heads) or multiple kids on it at once (collisions).

But if you let your kids ride bikes or play in any sort of sport, then you're already assuming an element of risk in their lives. Most of the people who get hurt on trampolines are doing things it's not designed for, like using it to launch people somewhere else or trying to knock someone off the side of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted