1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Training camp Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sportsnut, Aug 6, 2012.

1. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Do anyone have any kind of hints or help that they can provvide for a rookie doing his first training camp?
    I am only going for a day so it may be to short of a visit. But any help would be appriciated.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What are you trying to write?

I've only ever covered Arizona Cardinals training camp, but it was pretty open and easy to get anyone I needed. Meet the media relations folks and figure out any ground rules. I assume Romo, for instance, probably isn't available every day. For the most part, I just chased players down as they were leaving practice and they were pretty amenable. If you're trying to do any sort of long feature that requires more than a short interview, try to set it up a day beforehand if at all possible.

3. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

First suggestion would be to use your spell check vigorously. I think your readers would definitely apresheateit.

4. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I wrote the post on a tablet but I got it.

Draft saved Draft deleted