1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Train Wreck Television (Today Show this morning)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Good points. In fairness, I just saw the highlights spliced by NBC.

And my original post was referring to what an absolutely uncomfortable five minutes of television it was watching Meredith Viera try to coax cogent thoughts out of these two nervous special ed students.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well then Pringle. It looks like good old fashioned American business principles won out. The monkey is making money off that miserable attack. So liberals can piss in the wind.

3. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Yep, that justifies everything.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Jesus Christ. You're the king of trolls. Do you even know anyone who voted for a Democrat? Or do you just recite the b.s. you hear on talk radio? Either grow a brain, or leave the adults alone while they talk.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You guys can't even compare to the intelligence on talk radio.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

One thing many people either don't think of or don't know about American Idol is that there's this big-ass, three-week-long process these contestants have to go through before they ever make it to Simon, Paula and Randy. And even then, the contestants who appear on TV are only a small percentage of the contestants who actually audition before those three.

You can criticize Simon all you want for saying what he did -- and he damned well should be sued by this kid for the "bush baby" comment, which was what he called the kid, not a monkey -- but it was Fox that put these two kids through to that round, aired some of their earlier singing auditions and aired Cowell's comments. The network deserves just as much blame as Simon, in my opinion, for embarrassing this poor guy.

You want to ridicule the jackass, Taylor Hicks-wannabe, who was dumb enough to go through four seperate auditions with these people laughing at him, fine. But putting a mentally handicapped kid through four rounds and then airing insulting comments is a whole different story.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How many threads is Yawn going to pollute with his nonsense?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

More than should be allowed.

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I really like SportsJournalists.com, but the trolls who try to goad and bait on every thread are making me want to visit less and less.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Bullshit.

That is what Cowell is paid to do.

Don't fucking show up at Idol and not expect an incredible ripping, including how you look, if you are that fucking delusional.

You people.

11. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Considering how few cogent thoughts Meredith Vieira has, that must have been one painful segment.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

okay, suburbanie, we finally disagree.

i heart meredith.

Draft saved Draft deleted