1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trailer for Bob Odenkirk movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Dec 10, 2020.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not exactly Better Call Saul..more like Better Call John Wick. Anyone buying Odenkirk as this kind of a bad ass?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just saw that and was going to post about it myself.

It's basically a new twist on Death Wish. We all know how Bruce Willis fared with that. But for some reason this looks better because he's a guy moping about not doing anything during the robbery rather than someone out for full revenge. It's his turn at the Liam Neeson/Denzel/Bruce Willis/Jennifer Garner movie where someone old gets to become an unstoppable vigilante.

And I think the Bernard Goetz-ish scene in the subway is a fantasy sequence.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's odd. But, then again, I didn't think Keanu Reeves as the world's most badass assassin would work either. This is like John Wick ... if his wife had lived and they'd had a few kids. Hell, I halfway wonder if there's not a tie-in to the John Wick universe in the movie.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Don't call 9-1-1." lol

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Remember when Odenkirk was a comedian and did a show with David Cross? Swear to God, it happened. It was hilarious.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Which Odenkirk used to make movies with his thumbs?

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I buy it. A few years ago, I wouldn't have thought Bobcat Goldthwait could have turned Joel Murray into a convincing spree murderer. So, yeah. I'm going take the ride for this.

Draft saved Draft deleted