1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tragic accident pt. 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

As some of you may remember, a couple months ago during an ice storm, I came upon a weather-related crash that involved a semi hitting a pedestrian trying to help get a vehicle unstuck along a highway.

Well.....on my way home from a baseball game, I happened to see a huge black ploom of smoke....I followed the smoke, and what I saw, I hope I never have to see again.

12.......yes...12 state trooper cars, along with several highway patrol cars, numerous fire rescue vehicles.....apparently, a Pontiac Grand Am (traveling east) went left of center, and collided head-on with a tractor-trailer...........hauling gasoline.

2 dead.

The sight that it is engraved into my head is the sight of 3 police officers standing in a wheat field some 150 yards away from the wreckage........they were standing around the engine of the car.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Chef,
    Sorry you had to see that... Saw once crash like that once -- hope I never have to see one again...
    Not surprising on the 401...

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

OK, didn't realize it was part of the job ... a gruesome, and I'm sure very unsettling part of the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted