1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tragedy strikes Ickey Woods and family

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, Aug 15, 2010.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Terribly sad. As the father of an asthmatic child, who by the grace of God has outgrown it and is thriving, can't begin to fathom how hard this must be on the family. Of course, you don't have to be the parent of an asthmatic kid to feel bad about this.

2. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Very sad. RIP.

Brings me back to when I was a high school soccer coach and one of my players had an asthma attack during a game. It was the first time I had seen a person suffer an asthma attack so I freaked out and ran onto the field during the run of play to see if she was OK. The ref gave me a yellow card and told me that I was lucky to not get a red card. I told him to stick that card where the sun don't shine and that the health of my players was more important than some stupid game. My player was fine after a few minutes on the sideline to catch her breath. She sat out the rest of the game.
  3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Terribly sad. Ickey is a very nice man.
Draft saved Draft deleted