1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trader Joe's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Apr 26, 2009.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yes. His hair was perfect.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You know, I searched for a D_B.

Even if you don't cook, there are tons of things to microwave as well.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Produce is definitely not their forte. It's not a place you can do your everyday shopping, but for me it's about the little specialty stuff you don't see anywhere else. Like chocolate-covered sunflower seeds.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

93, my father goes to Trader Joe's all the time. We get lots of their unique food items there.

It's great.

5. 93Devil

My TJ's is brand new, but I think they would take care of it.

If you stayed with TJ's products, you could easily do 70-80 percent of your food shopping here.

We will probably do 30% at Joe's, 30% at Kroger and 40% at Costco.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

wow, that is week beer. Average is 5% in Canada

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I echo the meat selection at Costco. I can grill a filet that's as good as I've eaten at any restaurant.

As for TJ, I'm a fan, though it's safe to say MrsExpendable and I were probably the only ones in there at the time who voted for McCain. :D The Three Buck Chuck CabSav is actually pretty good, but I wasn't impressed at all with the Shiraz. When MrsEx finds out about the coffee, I guess we'll become regular customers. I do want to try some of their $5-8 wines, but it's just too far from the house to justify a trip to TJs without combining it with several stops -- so we're in there once a month, at most.

8. My backwards state does indeed have a rule about beer in grocery stores.
    Damn liberal busybodies.

9. 93Devil

I think Coors Light checks in at 1.7.

You are correct, Canadian beers are much stronger than ours.

You learn, though, that anything with the name "ice" in it will be a stronger beer. If you are used to drinking one thing, a change like that will get you in trouble right away. You are almost drinking two-to-one.

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Spent Saturday outdoors at a wonderful bash in NW Indiana drinking 13% Imperial Stouts. Canadian beer doesn't hold a candle to good craft beers. Mainstream for Mainstream, I'll concede but US Craft beer is killer.

TJ's beers are made by Goose Island and Gordon Biersch for the most part IIRC.

11. 93Devil

I am trying to research those beer numbers I put up, but I do know there is a difference. How much, I am not so sure.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Don't want to drink 13% beers, that is like drinking wine.

Devil are you kidding me that light beer is 1.7%, that can't be right, can it? It's 4% up here.

How many beer would it take to get drunk on 1.7%? 40, 50?

Draft saved Draft deleted