1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trader Joe's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Apr 26, 2009.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Ragu, ramps were once the ultimate hillbilly food. They are quite gentrified now, and there are ramp festivals scattered around Appalachia.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Other side of town. Ann Arbor-Saline and Eisenhower. Think it's only been about a year, maybe two at the most.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Never ceases to amaze me how good the meat is at Costco. You can pay twice as much for steaks at an upscale grocery store and they're not any better.

I live in a major city, but the only TJs are somehow all half an hour away from me. They'd make a killing in my area. And they are intentionally secretive about new locations, so rumors pop up all the time and never amount to anything. Just build one, dammit!

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Were those Costco burgers?

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Last summer? They were, actually. Heavily modified, but Costco at the core.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Yes, last summer. My memory can be a bit hazy, but I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've driven across the country for dinner. :)

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

5.2 is ass kicking? Oh, my son, you have so much to learn. :D

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Love the 100-calorie Trader Joe's chocolate bars.

They also have sinfully good potato chips.

Yeah I bet you're surprised my only comments about Trader Joe's has to do with its junk food. :D

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Did anyone ever see a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Joe's?

(Ha! Beat you to it.)

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It is when everything else is a 3.1.

11. I just moved to a new area in January and I have a Trader Joe's a few blocks from my place. I haven't stopped in yet, but I always think of SJ when I drive by due to a TJ thread a year ago or so.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The Trader Joes in my area is dirty and has very limited produce section. Seems like a totally different store from what is described in this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted