1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tracy Morgan in ICU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

A lot of it looked and sounded like courtroom testimony, so it felt more than a little strained. And I know Morgan has been through a horrible ordeal, but, since the case has been settled, I thought the focus would be more of a comeback tale, or something like that. Lauer seemed like he was trying to steer it to some happy notes, but that was hard work.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't remember if it was Jim Breuer or Morgan who told the story on Stern, but right before Morgan got 30 Rock, Breuer called him and asked how he was doing and he said, "I'm bad. I'm doing bad. Jimmy Fallon is making movies with Queen Latifah and I can't sell out the Chuckle Hut."

He still hasn't worked since the accident. I hope he does soon. Shortly after the accident my kids were watching one of the Rio movies and just hearing his voice made me laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted