1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tracy Morgan in ICU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Jun 7, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Interesting accompanying photo. Probably not Morgan's publicist.

2. NFL-Solomon

NFL-Solomon New Member

Of course I don't want anyone to die. But I've never found any of his brand of humor to be funny.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This is why you don't want Walmart in NYC. / random civil activist

4. NFL-Solomon

NFL-Solomon New Member

Why? Becuz they kill black comedians? Doesn't make any sense there, chief.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Been a tough week for Walmart's PR department.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The mortal danger with a broken femur is blowing a clot. Very serious injury.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Morgan has a "traumatic brain injury" according to his lawyer:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/be193956724a450482ae9ddb8ad0b7d6/attorneys-morgan-accident-lawsuit-due-court

8. Boom_70

Attorney laying the groundwork for a big settlement from Walmart. Should
    be a slam dunk.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I hope this is a legal maneuver. I saw in one of the articles that the lawyer said, "We won't know the full extent of the brain injury for years to come." or something like that.

I feel very fortunate that I saw him do stand up. He's one of those guys who if you wrote out all of the jokes and had someone else deliver them, would look dreadful, but with Tracy, because he's so freaking nuts and immensely likable, it turned into just a great show.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

He's my biggest non-professional random celebrity sighting. We ran into him in a bar in NYC. He took his shirt off. Life imitating art, I guess.

I really hope the brain-injury talk is just legal maneuvering.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hope it's a maneuver, but I doubt it. The simplest glance at his medical records would confirm or deny, and you'd really look bad putting that out if it isn't true. The opposing lawyer would crucify you.

What he is saying is also accurate. In a typical TBI, it will be two years minimum before the extent of the resulting deficits will start to be known. Or to phrase it another way, as he heals, areas that are now problems will get better either on their own or with therapy, and in a couple of years the areas that have stopped getting better (or never got much better in the first place) will begin to reveal themselves.

I know way more than I ever wanted to about TBI from personal experience.

12. Boom_70

If Morgan's litigator had said at pre trial hearing that Morgan was fully recovered it would be time for Morgan to get a new attorney.

Draft saved Draft deleted