1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toyota Yaris thoughts anybody?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Granny, Jun 25, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I got cut off by someone in a Yaris today. I'm not happy about it.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

My question is, does the Yaris still have the instrument panel in the center of the dashboard with it turned to the driver like the Echo's.

example

[​IMG]

I love this

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Yup. I love having the speedometer in the middle. It's always getting blocked by the steering wheel otherwise.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

It takes about a solid week to get used to, but now I feel weird when I drive other cars and I have to look in front of me to see the instruments.
    In my Echo, the space in front of me is for my GPS, so I always have my directions right in my sight.

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Should I start a new thread for car-buying help for this old bird? After years of toiling with zero credit and a defaulted college loan, the Granny is on the road to wellville. I'm a first-time new car buyer (or any car for that matter).

I am financing through my credit union and wondering how exactly I make this work. I have a ton of questions and, since the kids are grown up and moved away, I have no one to answer them.

I know, a Granny should be well-versed in this but, alas, I am not. If you guys (and gals) think the help would be more accesible though PMing, they start shooting them my way.

Peach Cobbler to all.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't forget: mashed po-tay-toes.

7. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Thanks. I have decided that whilst I desire an "econo-box," I did not feel safe in the Yaris. The Fit and Scion Xd, however, were a different story.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't my kid. She got the Scion.

Draft saved Draft deleted