1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toyota RAV4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, May 20, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I seem to have stumbled across a sweet one. It's a 2007, light miles, no known issues.

The price is right, Consumers Reports digs them, etc.

Any personal experiences with them, good or bad?

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

My sister and a good friend of mine have had RAV4s for like 10 years. Neither shows any sign of breaking down. My sister was going to give hers to my daughter, but she got a car from my in-laws. My sister was very relieved that she wasn't giving up her RAV4.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Is it a 4 or a 6-cylinder? I've heard the 6 makes it fucking fast -- like 0-60 in 6.3 fast. I'm looking at a Rav 4 as a possible replacement for my dearly departed Jeep, though probably not a new one. I po. But everyone seems to like them enough.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think your husband would like it too, HH

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

In general, you can't go wrong with a Toyota. I'm on my third, and Nos. 1 and 2 are still running.

6. lono

lono Active Member

The RAV4 is nice - you won't be unhappy with it.

But do yourself a favor and check out the new Honda CR-V - same class of car, but totally new for '07 and a huge leap ahead from the old CR-V.

7. HejiraHenry

Did I miss something?

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My wife put something like 160k miles on hers before moving up to a minivan and she loved it. We never had any problems with it.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Think .... Beretta.

(At least, I think that's what he's saying)

10. HejiraHenry

My wife, ahem, is driving a 2005 CRV that she's delighted with. She won't be parting with it anytime soon.

11. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

I'm driving an 02 Rav, loaded. It's nice, but as you'd imagine, it doesn't drive like a car. If you're used to trucks or Jeeps, you won't have a problem with it. If you're driving a car right now, it takes some getting used to. Have had only one problem with it (fix engine light comes on), but Toyota has since recalled the malfunction and is fixing it for free. Get about 24-26 miles to the gallon. It's a four banger but as Jake & Ellwood would say, "It's got a lot of pick up."

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, no... you're good. Ms. Slappy thinks its a cute car and several of her girlfriends do too...

Draft saved Draft deleted