1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toyota 4Runner

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Dec 18, 2007.

1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

The transmission worries me more than anything, although the miles aren't necessarily low, either.

I've always wanted a 4Runner and now that my commute is half what it used to be, it finally makes sense. I snowboard between 25 and 40 days each winter, and I can only drive my little car when there's no snow on the ground. I rely on friends' 4-wheel drives the rest of the time.

I'm kinda sick of my car, too. The difference in gas mileage is around 10 miles per gallon, and it really wouldn't matter since much of the $250 in "gas money" I receive as part of my rents' monthly transfer goes to beer, anyway.

Buying a used Vibe or Matrix, even after getting over the ugly factor, would require some financing, whereas I could pay cash for the 4Runner today. I'm trying to graduate with zero debts or payments.

I'm going to test drive right now.

Thanks for the input, all.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Keep in mind a 4Runner is essentially a truck. If that's what you want, great; if not, try to find something car-based.

Also make sure you fit; even though they're pretty big vehicles they're not that roomy.

3. KG

KG Active Member

I think I get about 20 mpg (city) in mine. I rarely get the chance to check highway miles, but it's somewhere around 28.

Draft saved Draft deleted