1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Townnews.com question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rosie, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It didn't.

The heck with it, it can wait till Monday. I'll hit up the web folk and see if they have an explanation.

Maybe they can explain the wisdom of having a priority setting - which doesn't work.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

3. Faithless

Faithless Member

Rosie, as the former online editor at my newspaper, I know your frustration over priority settings for stories. We don't have Townnews, but we have a similar story setting program developed by our past system administration. I learned how to manipulate settings (for example: using story run numbers like "0" and "00") so those stories, especially breaking news, can jump to the top of the list.

I'm not saying our setup is better than Townnews. Our site is an ancient clunker compared to other newspapers in the 35,000-subscriber range. Two of the weekly newspaper our publishing company owns have Townnews, and they like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted