1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tour de France coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BH33, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Sure there was: As in, how badly is this cancer patient with one teste going to beat all these European schlubs this year?

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Except the relentlessly local papers that have no reason to carry anything about hockey or the Tour de France.

Having said that, it should be your responsibility as a journalist to know what's going on in the world. Even if the "world" you cover is Podunk Town or Buttscratch County.

3. Shotty: Like Some Guy said, he started it by saying he learned to ride a bike in kindergarten. That's why I responded the way I did. And FYI, I have made more than contact with a 93 mph fastball. What does it mean as far my contributions to this board is concerned or being a sports journalist? Absolutely nothing. Does it mean that I can cover a baseball game better than anyone who hasn't played at a high level. Absolutely not. I took Some Guy's "throwaway" comment as a personal jab to anyone who has interest in the Tour de France. We settled our pissing match and moved on.

Draft saved Draft deleted