1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tour de France coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BH33, Jul 9, 2007.

1. If it's not all that interesting to you, that's fine. I, on the other hand, absolutely love it.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Which was my point from the beginning. I said I wasn't following the Tour. I didn't say it didn't belong in the paper or anything like that.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Jason, that's the stupidest, most throwaway argument you can pull out. It means absolutely NOTHING.

I doubt you could make contact on a 93-mph fastball, either. Has nothing to do with whether you cover it or follow it or not.

Damn, I hate the "you had to play the game" shtick.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

In his defense, I started it by saying I learned how to ride a bike in kindergarten.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I've been tearing up cars since I was 16, but I won't use that to keep NASCAR (or, if you prefer, Nascar) out of the paper. That said, TDF has slipped back into the general fans' fringe sans Lance.

6. KoM

KoM Member

Anyone who doesn't find the Tour interesting didn't watch today's stage.

I, for one, hate basketball with every fiber of my being - every last friggin molecule - but don't knock the NCAA tournament as not interesting to those who enjoy it.

7. VJ

VJ Member

Yes, but unfortunately for you, the number of people who find basketball uninteresting is much, much, much, much, much smaller than the people who find cycling uninteresting.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm betting I could have watched today's stage ... and still found the Tour utterly uninteresting.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I used to think the Tour was interesting when Armstrong was in it, now I haven't even paid attention.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Well, that goes without saying.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Heh. A particularly good point. ;)

12. KoM

KoM Member

That's the great thing about it... we all don't have to like the same things, and it's better that way.

Actually, the Tour was far less interesting when Lance Armstrong was riding. The outcome was better for U.S. cycling fans, but there wasn't a lot of suspense

Draft saved Draft deleted