1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Touching ESPN.com E-ticket: "Ray of Hope"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mayfly, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

It's about the North Carolina mascot who died after being hit by the car in New Jersey. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=rayofhope#pagetop

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

I liked this piece alot, too. Props to Wayne, who always comes up with some interesting angles and subjects.

3. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Wow, this one is a tearjerker. It's hard to not want to be an organ donor after reading it.

4. fl2010

fl2010 New Member

Yeah I read it earlier this afternoon. Loved it and couldn't hold back the tears. Makes you appreciate each day.

5. Simon

Simon Active Member

I enjoy E-Ticket in general but the design/multimedia in this presentation was A+.(Not to mention the story) The videos weren't too long or too short and added to the context of the story. The three sections built in with flash. This is what Journalism should be on the internet...now if only the morons in the suits counting the bills would realize this.

6. A little dusty in here...

Wow, what a story. What a kid. We should all be so lucky to have known or know someone like him. Damn.

7. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

This story and packaging was absolutely brilliant. Brilliant stuff. Recharges my batteries. Look how much good work you can do with time and money.

8. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

This story and its presentation, IMHO, is the future of our profession. I don't say this very often, but bravo, ESPN.com and a fine job by Mr. Drehs.

I now anxiously await the flying of pigs and the freezing of Hades.

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

The online presentation seems even more impeccable when compared to the same story on "E:60." I lost track of time reading the E-Ticket piece (never good at work, but worth it). I flipped the channel during "E:60."

Draft saved Draft deleted