1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Total recall - The Cheesehead Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 9, 2011.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The union group We are Wisconsin is using automated phone calls from former Green Bay Packers nose tackle and Super Bowl champion Gilbert Brown to motivate residents to get out and vote, according to a recording of the calls released by the group.

"Hi, this is Gilbert Brown. Get out and vote Democrat! And since you're out, pick me up a cheeseburger!"

3. dixiehack

Najeh Davenport wants you to dump Walker.

4. dixiehack

AP calls 2nd district for Robert Coles, considered the safest of the Republicans. Democrats need 3 of remaining 5 to have a chance to flip.

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

AP calls 10th District for Harsdorf. Four left to go. Dems lead in the 8th and 32nd, trail by 6 points with 15% reporting in the 18th and trail by 10 with 72% reporting in the 14th. They need to hold on to the two they currently lead in and flip the 18th.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just dawned on me what this thread title was referring to.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If one side really wanted to go negative, they'd have hired Ned Yost to robo-call on behalf of the other side.

8. dixiehack

Scroll down here for a Google map that lets you click on red districts for updates. (I assume the blue ones are for next week.)

http://host.madison.com/

9. dixiehack

Luther Olson about to close out District 14. That means Democrats would have to sweep the rest to keep the Senate in play. Right now, those other three look like barnburners.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

As long as the Packers are back, the masses are happy, even if the state is crumbling around them.

11. dixiehack

From what they've said about turnout, I don't think that's a fair charge.

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Correct. Turnout appears to have been very good. But these are all GOP-leaning districts and high turnout may not help Democrats.

Some have wondered if the Democrats would have been better off had the affected government employees simply went on strike rather than try to recall GOP incumbents in GOP-friendly districts.

Draft saved Draft deleted