1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Total lunacy: Wife induces labor so husband doesn't miss attending Bears game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jan 22, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well... it's tru-e! ;)

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Damn right. In fact, my brother-in-law received a book at his bachelor party that contained conception dates and their expected birth dates ... in relation to sporting events. In other words, if you don't want to miss Game 7 of the World Series, do not try to conceive on this date or that date.

It worked well. My two nephews were both born on off days for his favorite baseball team.

Of course, him and my sister scheduled their wedding for the Saturday of a Yankees-Red Sox series, a sin for which I'll never forgive them. I mean, have some consideration for your guests, dammit.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Who was the LSU lineman that weighed 15 pounds at birth? If ever there was a case for taking the baby, I'd think that was it. I can only imagine what his mother was saying about his father when he was born.

4. Blessed is she among all women.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My wife and I were married on Oct. 2, 1999. Bama beat Florida in Gainesville in overtime that day. I've gaught a lot of grief over that one through the years.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What about the factoid about pizza deliveries on that day?

7. Re: Total lunacy: Wife induces labor so husband doesn't miss attending Bears gam

If men had babies, civilization would have ended shortly after it began. I'm male and have seen my wife go through two births. I'm not ashamed to admit there's no way I would have been able to handle either of those as calmly as she did. That said, I also covered a Cleveland Grand Prix at Burke Lakefront the same weekend as my first daughter was born. Don't think my mother-in-law has forgiven me for that one yet.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because we're always ready on time...

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Re: Total lunacy: Wife induces labor so husband doesn't miss attending Bears gam

Name the baby Rush.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For the Chicago street and not the band, I would presume.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For the Paula Abdul song! Or Limbaugh!

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, Songbird, but every time I see your handle on here I hear in my head the worst song of Olivia Newton-John's career.

Draft saved Draft deleted