1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TOTAL DEBACLE!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, May 19, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nuggets win.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12399761

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I'd really like to know why the NHL can't move anything (Yanni) and the NBA can. Makes the hockey guys look like chumps.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Because the NBA teams have the financial/popularity clout to play the extortion game to become the dominant/controlling party in the arena leases.

In Denver particularly it probably has to do with the fact that the Nuggets were there first.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I imagine most of the Original Six teams could hold their own. Maybe also teams like the Penguins, Blue Jackets and (for now) Coyotes who are sole pro tenants.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If I'm Vince McMahon, I would think twice before doing business with the Pepsi Center again.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hell if you're Maple Sports and Entertainment you can book Vince for a May date at the beginning of the pre-season.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Don't agree with much you say Mark, but I'm right with you on this.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And the Red Wings, Ducks, Sharks, Wild, Islanders, Hurricanes, Devils, Lightning, Blues and Sabres, to name another bunch right off the top of my head.

Arena (and revenue) control is what's behind the big push for NBA and NHL franchises to have separate arenas.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Easy decision: One of these sports is fixed, and the other is professional wrestling.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I don't understand why this has to be so complicated for the WWE. Their Smackdown taping is slated to be in the Colorado Springs' World Arena the day following Game 4.

Have Monday Night Raw there. According to the World Arena website, the arena is available on Monday. Sure, you're screwing about 19,000 fans who spent their money. But, oh well.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Only question to consider is for how many years.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As part of the settlement between the Nuggets and WWE, the referees for Game 4 will be Dick Bavetta, Danny Davis and Nick Patrick.

Draft saved Draft deleted