1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TOTAL DEBACLE!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, May 19, 2009.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Halftime entertainment.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Winner!

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The fuck they will. Arenas don't give a shit who books them for a day as long as they get filled up. And the WWE fills up arenas.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I can't decide if I want the main event to be ...

1) Shaq v. Kobe. Straight up.

2) Shaq/Ron Artest v. Kobe/partner TBA.

3) Triple threat match: Shaq/Kobe/Artest.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The NBA is just stupid here. The NHL has had to work its postseason schedule around concerts a couple of times. Did it not look at the arena's schedule? The WWE is totally right here unless there was some sort of clause about a possible Nuggets or Avalanche playoff game.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I love the reader comments at the bottom...

What morons.

Sure, wrestling is fake; but they still continue to sell out arenas across the country (i.e. Reliant Stadium at WrestleMania 25).

What a chump.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If there is a clause for that in the contract, it would have been exercised by now, don't you think?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

But every word of it is true.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Okay, so, America is being held back by the multitude of steroid users that infiltrate the World Wrestling Entertainment roster? If this is true, as you so eloquently state, then what about the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL? Sure, the recent number of deaths in WWE due to steroid use are inexcusable, but how you to place all the blame on just the WWE "holding American back" because of steroid use when all professional sports have and continue to see steroid scandals pop up everywhere?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

When was there a steriods scandal in the NHL?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

WWE holds the country back because it is the worst sort of low-brow entertainment.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Never said there has been one, but not ruling out that there never will be one.

EDIT: Nevermind. I mentioned all professional sports, but I'll subtract the NHL. Still, I don't rule out there there will be one day when someone will pop up in the NHL for having done steroids at some point or another. I'd prefer that day from ever happening, but in today's sports climate, you never know.

Draft saved Draft deleted