1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs: Welcome to the 2008 SJ.com Outing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

don't know what the protocol is for starting outing threads, but while everyone else is still on their countdowns, my shuttle just landed.

(ew)

So i'm here, having gone from 100 degrees and enough smoke from a monster fire to our south, to 48 degrees and cloudy in a matter of hours. I'm coming to you LIVE from the Ramada in downtown, and the natives have not a clue what fate is about to befall them.

my first thoughts:

thanks for convincing me to leave my laptop at home, mom. my iPod ate death before i got to atlanta, so until/unless i get it fixed, my cell is my interbutt.

airplanes are small when you're the poster child for big and tall stores, as i rep both quite well.

how come you can rent a dvd player at ATL, but not a PSP, especially since they sell them?

Took an old-school limo from SeaTac, since I couldn't tell what shuttle went where. worth it because i could stretch my legs for the first time in 12 hours, and also that it was a perfect working replica of a 1985 stretch. Faux wood, crystal-esque tumblers and a by-god CAR PHONE.

Off to shower and get the dying embers of carolina fire smell out of me.

this is gonna rule.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com OUTING 2008: It has begun.

Check out the Elliott Bay bookstore now, while you have time, before all the festivities start. You won't be disappointed. And welcome to the great PNW.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The protocol in D.C. was I started a running thread daily and stickied it - I want to leave the original up for now until most all arrive because there's some basic info in there. But no worries on you getting this one kick started. Glad you got there safely. Now get all that recon work done before the rest of us get there. You have a lot of ground to cover so get cracking. Warn the genteel residents. We're coming.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

My flight takes off in something like 15 hours, so I'll be joining you soon, Meat. Can't wait.

And the daily threads worked pretty well in D.C., I thought. We didn't have that foresight in Toronto, and I hope that changes for this excursion.

Meat, what's the weather like, and what are the weather people out there saying?

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My flight takes off in 15 hours as well. Lands in about 26. Good times!

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous.

7. Moderator1

25 hours and 20 minutes before I'm airborn, since we're into countdowns and all. DocTalk in for the "late arrival late dinner plan." You drunk clubbers try to stay out of jail until I can at least say hello. And leave your tickets with Joe in case you can't get out. We'll scalp them.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't think the ticket will fit in my clutch for that night.

And I have no place to tuck it with the top I'll be wearing.

9. Moderator1

That's why I said leave it with Joe.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I am on record as expecting drunk dials from the SportsJournalists.com Dance Party 2008: Electric Bugaloo.

Have fun and wear a rubber.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just one, though. Friction's a killer.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I expect to be drunk-dialed by those of you who have my number (I'm looking at you, ijag. :D)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.