1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tosh kills ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Nov 12, 2014.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Daniel Tosh eviscerates ESPN for ripping off his Web Redemptions segment

It's outstanding and spot on

http://deadspin.com/daniel-tosh-goes-after-espn-for-ripping-off-web-redempt-1657807603?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

2. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

It was Tuesday night's episode and I watched it Tuesday night. I was like, "Holy cow, he is dead-on destroying them." I loved it.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The guy, who uses Internet videos made by others as the entire basis of his show, doesn't like when people rip off his segment?

Give me a fucking break.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Can you not enjoy anything?

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I thought it was entertaining, but it should be pointed out he has a hit show based on the videos of other people.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Thought this comment was pretty apropos. It's kind of true. About as true as everything Tosh said about ESPN.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Saying Tosh rips off other people's content because it shows videos posted to the internet is snarky, but quite incorrect. That would be like saying SportsCenter rips off NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL content.

Tosh's show is like a highlight reel of the stupid videos publicly posted on social media, and his jokes and comedic bits are developed by him and the show's staff.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Not to mention he acknowledged at the start he could be accused of ripping off America's Funniest Home Videos and the like. His ESPN bit was this thing called a joke. Don't take it so seriously.

9. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody is taking it seriously, but that doesn't mean it wasn't spot on.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I thought it was great...I actually think the writing of Tosh is pretty sharp. It's usually pretty timely and funny, although fairly dirty.

Draft saved Draft deleted