1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Torture Town!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/04/todays_must_read_308.php

Read the links.
    Vomit.
    Read the again.
    A war criminal, by any standard we applied at Nuremberg.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dammit, Fenian. I don't know about you, but I'm all about the president's absolute authority.

If I wanted to be in a democracy, I'd start a revolution like my founding forefathers.

3. You look terrible in a wig.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I know that that sentence almost made me vomit.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Join the happy throng. Many of us have been vomiting with some consistency over the past six-plus years.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, Obummer's IRAQ strike force will save the day. And Fenian, I'd like you to complain just once about the beheadings and other executions performed in a desperate act by those Islamic freedom fighters. Oh I forgot. They're just pissed because Bush invaded. It has nothing to do with the goal of winning the world for Islam forcing you on your knees at the new, local mosque.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/04/obamas_magical_strike_force.asp

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The "other people do bad things, too, so why are you bitching at us" rationale, never gets old.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yawn conveniently changes the subject once again.

And the line "they're just pissed because Bush invaded" may be one of the most hilarious bit of unintential comedy in some time around these parts.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I guess if we applied that logic to World War II, wait.... forget it. It's like talking to a wall.

10. It's fucking useless to argue with people who believe that, as long as the United States does it, it cannot be wrong. That's not patriotism. That's fucking bone-worshipping.
    This story should make every American ashamed of what we've allowed to happen to this country. People who can't see that, I simply do not understand.

11. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

The
    Justifying our actions by the standards of our enemies is truly unpatriotic and cowardly. Conservatives that use this rationale are more dangerous than any terrorist group. The greatest danger to our way of life is not our enemy but how we react to them. Selling out our values in the face of fear stemming from terrorism is the definition of losing the war.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hell, McCain knows this.

It's our problem that Fredo and Mr. "So?" Boy remain focused on their own ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.