1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Torture: McCain vs. Mukasey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Essentially what you are saying then is that you agreed with everything that Bush did in his 8 years to go after terrorists.

But again - what made this legal was it was under the CIA - not in military control.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

3. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Ahh, the Socratic wonder that is YankeeFan. Behold his endless questions and concerns. When proven wrong about the only thing he ever posts about, hey, look over here, this situation is EXACTLY THE SAME! ONLY DIFFERENT!

The schtick is old.

And, Boom? You left out "necessary and appropriate," again. But it's OK. That's how you do.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This tacit admission will do just fine.

5. Boom_70

You've been proven wrong. You claimed it was legal because it was a military operation. It was not. It was a CIA operation allowed under Bush directive.

As usual whether in your previous handle or as McGwire you continue to be full of fail.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, as usual, you won't answer a simple question.

It's really so sad. It's really quite easy: what did you think of the Israel/Dubai operation?

Now, you might not see a correlation. OK, fine. So what? Why are you unable to just answer the question?

7. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Guys, it's been fun. I am sure the key to future GOP political success lies in convincing the world the killing of Osama bin Laden was illegal. So keep going with that. Really.

8. YankeeFan

Aw, I was hoping for an anti-Mossad screed and an impassioned post about how much better and moral we are than Israel.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You keep threatening to leave and then you never do... :D

10. Boom_70

Where have I said that? It appears that it was legal. Made so under a Bush directive.

11. Boom_70

Yeah - and say Hi to Zeke for us when you see him

12. YankeeFan

Given how events went down, I think it's worth asking, "What did Eric Holder know, and when did he know it?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.