1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Torsten Frings, ask Earl Hickey about "Karma"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Four years ago, Frings knocks the U.S. out of a chance for the World Cup semis by "inadvertently" handling a potential U.S. goal while guarding the post.
    Now, he's out of the 2006 World Cup semis for allegedly throwing a punch after Germany beat Argentina.
    Not heartbroken about that, though I have nothing against this German side.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Harvey's used to serve a mix of fries and onion rings called "Frings". Can't think of anything else when I see his name.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The damning video evidence was supposedly sent to FIFA by an Italian TV station.

Still rumor, of course, but it would be in line with the Italian code of conduct at the tournament....

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Frings' loss doesn't amount to much IMO. Germany will be able to start 11 after all and will still have 3 subs. Ballack is getting his fitness back, which helps.

Yeah, he marked Riquelme well last time out, but nobody on Italy has me quivering in me boots. Frings hasn't been much of an offensive factor since the opening 4-2 win. And Herr Handball will be back for the championship / third-place game.

Anyone see a lot of parallels with the Cuban and Stackhouse mess? A little different, granted, but still .....

Draft saved Draft deleted