1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Torrents? Help!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, Jun 26, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Posted in the Stanley Cup Final thread, but more of a computer issue ...

So, forgot to DVR Game 1 and it's killing me. Anyone able to point me toward a copy online? I pretty much don't know anything about torrents, other than I just downloaded bittornado. Is that any good? Did I just fark my computer? WTF should I be doing?

Help!?!

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

http://www.mininova.org/tor/331986

1) Click on the .torrent file in the "Download" row.

2) Click "Save" when the window pops up.  You might have to select the destination for the .torrent file afterwards

3) Once you've saved it, go to wherever you've saved it and double-click on it.  Then, you'll have to select the destination for the actual .mpeg or .avi file.

4)  Wait.  There's only one seeder of this file, so it should take a while to download.  Might take you a day or so.

And I use bittornado also. It's OK. I hear that Azureus is better but sucks more RAM while it's running.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Is this thread in English?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No parlez vous torrent?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm pretty computer literate and this one has me shaking my head...

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Thanks a million, Fat Dom. Wasn't sure if it should be taking so long.

7. sabrefan

sabrefan Member

Torrents rule. Just discovered them a week ago and have been d-loading old Deadwood episodes, entire CDs, etc. It's a beautiful thing.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, wow. This is terrific. Thanks ... getting Lewis Black's latest HBO special right now!

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

As stated earlier, there's only one seeder. So sit back and relax and just let it download. It's going to take a while, probably a day or two.

Torrents are golden, discovered them a few years ago and I've never looked back. Beats the heck out of the Napster-ish programs out there. Though I still use DC++ almost every other day as well.

Hm, I thought there would be at least two people to chime in on how we're stealing from the actors, production companies, etc... At least that's the case when it's about music. Carry on.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

It's great for those of us in Canada who can't see Rescue Me until the fall.

Draft saved Draft deleted