1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto Sun fighting for survival

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JR, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Isn't CBC doing somewhat well without the Strach? God, I wish someone had given me an extra hundred bucks for every time I had edited his copy ...

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Last night, I learned the Ottawa bureau is now being printed out of Montreal and deadline is 9 p.m. That means hockey scores are not likely to get in. That's even local hockey scores.
    That saved, apparently, 180 jobs.
    The plan is for the same thing to happen in Alberta. One of the bureaus will lose its press room and editions will trucked to whichever location isn't the central one.

Pat Grier has been named 'Sun Media Sports Editor.' Bets are on now how long it takes before the Sun divests itself of all their bureau sports editors.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Because even as a watered down version of the pretentious rag Conrad Black founded, it is still a horrible newspaper. If it disappeared tomorrow, no one would notice.

4. EE94

EE94 Guest

any more info on this?

Draft saved Draft deleted