1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto restaurant help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Biscayne

Biscayne Guest

Well, you certainly can't beat those online referrals. :D

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

She looked at the menu on the restaurant's and liked what she saw. Looks like a nice upscale place that was a little more pricey than I intended but that's OK. Thanks for the help. It was very valuable. I tend to believe everything I read online.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

There are a couple of Mercattos. Avoid the one on Bay, it's nothing special. I think there's one on either Victoria or Toronto Street, but I haven't been.

However, Mercatto on Bay is right next to the Turf Lounge, which is probably the nicest OTB you'll ever hang out in. It's a bit pricey though.

4. TwoGloves

Thanks but now it looks like I'm going solo so maybe it will be Olive Garden!

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No! No! No! :)

6. TwoGloves

Sounds like an Amy Winehouse lyric! (I'm sure I won't do Olive Garden, JR. But I am sure I'll be picking up some of my all time favorite candy, the yummy wine gums!)

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

friend o' is right about Lolita's Lust...but it's expensive. My wife loves Trattoria.

8. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr F,

With all your gelt you're telling me LL is expensive. I thought you went there because of the crowd control.

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted