1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto is on fire!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Good reason to stay home from work.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

CP24 had video of the explosions. Wow, massive fireballs...

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/59435/

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bring the Leafs to take care of the fire... they'll snuff out any spark in no time...

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I live at least a 35-dollar (Cdn) cabride from the site of the explosion ... and it woke me up. My windows rattled.

I have to go out to Cambridge to pick up the significant other's father and then drive him to Belleville (yup, the span of the 401) (Picton, actually). I think I have it worked out to go through Brantford on the return trip. Still, gonna take hrs more than planned. Huge traffic jam when I dropped him off on Friday too -- return drive from Cambridge to downtown, 2.5-hours+.

YD&OHS, etc

6. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

This sounds similar to what happened in Dallas... last year? When a propane distribution plant had some major issues and forced a shutdown of several freeways downtown.

In that case, the propane tanks were igniting and going airborne. Some ended up flying over a major freeway and landing in the parking lot of Reunion Arena.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Wow, this is crazy. Good video, though. And I like the Canadian Press logo that is the two quote marks with the maple leaf.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Why is the 401 three lanes, three lanes, and three lanes?

I feel like I'm setting up a joke about Canada's progressivism, but I was just wondering.

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

HOV lanes in the middle??

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Shouldn't it be, "Toronto is on Fiy-ah!"?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, it's actually 12 lanes not nine as I mentioned. Six eastbound and six westbound There are three express lanes and three collector lanes going each way.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Here's the REAL reason the 401 is backed up....

[​IMG]

;D

Draft saved Draft deleted