1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto FC unveils its new soccer jersey.....Yuck.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

A cursory glance indicates it's a lending company. I wonder if there's such a thing as sub-prime mortgages in the U.K.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The whole thread proves what idiots the Euro sports franchises have been to allow sponsor logos on the front of their jerseys, rather than designing their own trademark logos themselves, i.e., the Yankees' "NY."

I mean, this is Man U's logo, but who the hell would ever know it by looking at their uniforms??

[​IMG]

3. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

In a sport that doesn't stop for five minutes at a crack to run commercials after every four minutes of playing time, the front of the jersey became a prime space for advertisers. You may call them idiots, but I give them a hell of a lot of credit in keeping the important thing, that is, THE GAME ITSELF, untouched.

Who gives a rat's ass what's on the front of someone's jersey? Sports is about the game, and too often that gets lost in the shuffle.

And who would know it? I certainly would - the crest of the Red Devils on the front is that of Man U.

Draft saved Draft deleted