1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto FC unveils its new soccer jersey.....Yuck.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Maybe the NHL and WWE can merge. Someone could give Jaromir Jarg a top-rope drop kick and use a steal chair to hit Sydney Crosby across the back while doing a run in from the locker rooms.

A bra and panties match featuring the goalies might sell a few extra tickets, too.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I like the jersey design, not enthused about the gray in there. Anyone know if it's red from head to toe, or if the shorts and socks are different?

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

From the EuroSport (soccer.com) catalog:

Away:
    [​IMG]

Home:
    [​IMG]

Home Shorts:
    [​IMG]

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Aren't most european soccer clubs this way? Is there a team called Vodafone? I understand your frustration, but it's just another in a long list of reasons why soccer stinks.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

DD68, the answer is yes. 99% of them are the exact same way. Some leagues, like the French, have even more advertisers.

With a few weeks before the season starts, I am interested in knowing what the Galaxy will change their colors to. I didn't like their colors before, but they were at least unique.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes, advertising on sports jerseys. It's the work of the devil!

I like the white shorts to go with the red jersey, although that photo from eurosport makes it look a tad orange. I'm still not sure about the blue/gray piping.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Word was a midnight blue number was in the works for the Galaxy.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

It could be worse ... could be Houston's color scheme.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You don't like the tangerine?

I actually like it a lot.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Houston might have the best MLS colors.

Not saying much.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

doesn't do anything for me.
    the one thing it does have going for it is this: seems like ever other American club is trying for the same color scheme as Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U. At least Houston is different

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Chelsea is just blue. So anyone wearing blue would be considered ripping them off.
    Man U is just red. See Chelsea
    Arsenal wears red with white sleaves. That hasn't been done yet in the US. It will though, at some point. Hopefully, it won't be with red.

Draft saved Draft deleted