1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto cops taser Bambi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wow.

In the South, some deputy - even the sheriff in some places - gets a rifle out of the cruiser, shoots it and gets a relative or friend in the pickup to haul it off and parcel it out after the shift ends.

That's the other extreme from the end of your last post, JR.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, not everybody is of the same opinion...from the story posted.

John Cardoso, a foreman putting up the YWCA Elm Centre, across from the deer, said, “We’re actually watching the deer instead of working. My honest opinion as a hunter? It wouldn’t be standing there.”

“I should not have left the rifle in the truck,” said another worker. “One bullet costs 25¢. It would be done.”

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

wow. were there any cops left to ticket illegally parked cars?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If it's going to the Toronto Zoo, hopefully they put it in the lion's den!

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not sure if I've told the story of the guy who rang the door of our building at 8 p.m. and wanted me to take a picture of his big fish -- which was outside floating in a cooler, in his trunk. He was on his way home from the lake and didn't want to wait to submit it to the paper.

After going out to look, I finally convinced him it was too dark to take the picture there, so he had to take it home and get a photo tomorrow, in better light.

He said, "Well, it might be eaten by then."

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

"Don't tase me" Doe

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Solid.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup.

Had a guy once come by the newsroom at my hometown paper. I took a camera outside, where he was sitting on the tailgate of his truck with the head of the deer. And only the head of the deer.

There was blood all over the truck bed. I asked him "Um, can you put the tailgate up and lift the head over it?" As much as our outdoor sorts love those ridiculous grip-and-grins, not even they wanted to see this guy holding up a deer head with blood all over the truck bed.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We run dead deer photos each Thursday in season. Deer when cooked right is good, but I hate looking at all these photos every week.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The weird thing is, we run a weekly outdoor page every Friday with two contributing columnists, but we rarely get sent dead deer photos. I guess it's because we've done a good job training the hunting populace over the last 20 years.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted