1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tornado hits my area. Eerie.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 28, 2008.

1. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Moddy, any word on whether Mechanicsville got hit?

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

God bless any of you SEVaSportsJournalists.commers. I'm thinking of y'all right about now.

That, and I'm convinced the farking tornadoes are after me.
    Born: Obici (the first one)
    First place I lived: Driver
    Grew up: Sadler Heights

Both apparently hammered today. And hammered hard. The mustardparents are fine, but pretty shaken up. Wish like all hell I could be there now, even though there's pretty much nothing I can do.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Also thinking of you and the folks up your way as well, Moddy. Kinda forgot to mention that.

4. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Not uncommon for tornados to fandango through the same area time and again. Xenia, Ohio, is a case in point. The front yard of my former home in SW Arkansas is another.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

A tornado hit my county last week. It reminded me of the tornado that hit in September 2001.

We'd lost power at my apartment and I called my dad to see if everything was all right there. He was like, "yeaah?" as if to wonder what I was on about. Then I told him about the tornado hitting my area. He came to the apartment and got me. Ended up spending the night there. I watched the Monday Night Football game (which I think was the Redskins getting pimp slapped by the Packers).

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Glad you and the family are ok, Moddy.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It did not, near as I can tell.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Couple of years ago, I awoke in my hotel room on the morning of the second day of the state track meet.

Only second time I ever turned on The Weather Channel and heard, "Tornadoes likely with this storm."

You always hear, "tornadoes possible," and such, but when they start giving a percentage outlook for tornadoes, it's time to cash in the chips.

Draft saved Draft deleted