1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tornado hits Hattiesburg, Southern Miss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by e_bowker, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Has Brett Favre given his opinion on this yet?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He's still considering whether or not to retire.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Rough. But not as bad as the one in Joplin, Missouri, in 2011. Unless, of course, this one happened to hit YOUR house.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Any Mississippi GOP Congressmen vote against Sandy relief?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or the one that hit Tuscaloosa, Ala., that same year.

Amazingly, no one died in this one.

6. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Steven Palazzo (R- Miss. 4th District) voted against Sandy relief. Guess who's district Hattiesburg is in?

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I believe Palazzo voted against the Sandy relief bill in committee, but "reconsidered" and voted for it when it come up in the full House. Still, it makes we wish we still had Clean Gene Taylor as our Congressman instead of this bozo.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Ain't karma a bitch.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I was surprised to read here that south Mississippi's representative in the House had to even THINK about approving relief to Sandy victims.

IIRC, Taylor was a Democrat in a highly-Republican district, yet received solid bi-partisan support. He was front and center fighting for his constituents after Katrina and literally risked his ass when it hit. Wonder if he and "Brownie" have buried the hatchet? ;D

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Gene was front and center after Katrina, because he was a victim too. His house in Bay St. Louis was demolished in the storm. For that matter, so was Trent Lott's home in Pascagoula.

Interesting sidenote about Gene. My wife and I were in New Orleans last year for the Sunday Mardi Gras parades, and who should I see walking down Canal Street, with a Miller Lite can in hand, but Gene Taylor and his wife.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Continue...continue...continue...

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted