1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Torii Hunter wants to be a Nat?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Fear in D.C. is someone is going to overpay Rowand and they're probably right. They've cooled on AJones (thank gosh). I'd love to see Rowand there. Or Hunter.

I'd also be quite fine if they stick with Pena, Church and Kearns as OF and throw some money at middle infielders and pitchers. Is there a slick SS who can hit available? I'd take a 2-3 rotation guy sted a No. 1 because I'm not sure a real 1 is out there.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

True. But who the hell would have thought the Tigers would go to the series a few years after barely winning 40 games?

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'd be shocked if the Braves don't shop Edgar Renteria, but they're going to want quality pitching in return. Dunno how much of that the Nats have to give up.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

And if you hate the Mets, you appreciate that they promptly dropped two of three against the Phils to help lift them to the title.

As a Nats fan, I didn't appreciate that, but it never sucks to see NY in sports-based discomfort.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh...wait...you said "who could hit." I was about to suggest Jack Wilson. :)

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

If Hunter wants big bucks, the Nats won't spend them. Kasten said they want to build through the farm system and avoid big-buck FAs.
    If they go FAs, it will be role players or Dmitri Young types.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah, that sucked. Just as the Mets' final 17 games did.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You want Tejada?

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Tejada's a third baseman now, not a SS.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is that somebody's plan or just an assessment of his declining skills?

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm guessing the latter. The Orioles never used him at third base.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

In fact, he's never played a position other than shortstop or designated hitter.

Draft saved Draft deleted