1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Topsail Island, NC - tips, thoughts, etc...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 5, 2015.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Thank you very much.

This is gold.

2. 93Devil

OK, just got back and it was a pretty amazing time.

We stayed here - Topsail Island Rental | Anderson | Ward Realty - $800 for 7 nights - that's insane considering I could throw things from the balcony to my wife on the beach.

We were one week before "prime" season, so I don't know how busy everything might get, but traffic was never a problem at all. Everything is here that you would see in the OBX, but fewer of them, which is not a problem for me. I also never felt like I was getting gouged on the prices for anything. You have a Food Lion, Wal Mart Neighborhood Market and a Harris Teeter all less than a 10-minute drive from where we were staying.

What is different from the OBX to me was the beach. We were there during heavy tides (new moon) so the beach would go to about 30 yards to 130 yards in 12 hours, and this was great because it gave my daughter great little tidal pools for my little girl to play. Plus, the waves are not as strong so she can play in them and not get beaten up. It's also much warmer in Topsail than the OBX.

We also found this...

Children's AQUARIUM / Marine Exploration Lab - An amazing educational class for my daughter that turned the ocean and the sound into the classroom. They are amazing.

Hands down, this is where we are going when we go to the beach. Wilmington area will also be where we probably land when we retire.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm five weeks out and antsy to get down there. I may just stay.

4. 93Devil

I drove up to where Moddy stays...

There is basically one home for each section on beach up that high on the island. That's awesome for families that want peace and quiet.

Draft saved Draft deleted