1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Ten Places to Live...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

None of those places made Outside's 30 Best Towns in America in the newest issue.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Much as it pains me to say it as an ex-Gopher, TP, there are some really nice places to live in Wisconsin.

Some shitholes, like everywhere, but some nice places to live.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There are 8 in the top 100, inlcuding one in which a friend in the current mayor. Montville is the highest ranked at No. 13.

My fine new hometwon was nowhere to be found. I'm sure that the powers that be will be bummed.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I can not believe places where the median homes are $250,000 and above are a great place to live by my definition.

Great place if you're rich with plenty of disposable income? Maybe. But great to me should include affordable. There's not a place on that list that is.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't live in any of those places for home values alone. Wouldn't make it.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

The definition of "affordable housing" in my neck of the woods is $180,000-$250,000. Yeah, right.

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'll give them props for naming Hanover, though. Absolutely beautiful town.

8. Mira

Mira Member

I've lived in Wisconsin most of my life. It's a beautiful place.

I currently reside in Madison and wouldn't call it outstanding. Not too bad, though. I just prefer Milwaukee.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Here's a link to the full Top 100 list:
    http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2007/top100/

Some love for NJ as Montville (#13) and Hillsborough (#23) made the Top 25.
    RiverVale (#29), Marlboro (#33), Berkeley Heights (#45), Sayreville (#47), Readington (#58), and Moorestown (#78) also made the cut from NJ

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Interesting that most of the Texas places on the list are in Tarrant County (Fort Worth).

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

La Palma, Calif. is No. 16? J-O-K-E of a list.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

La Mirada is up there too, which is roughly where I rolled my eyes and wrote off the list.

Draft saved Draft deleted