1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Sports Things to Do Before You Die?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PalmettoStatesport, Jun 13, 2007.

1. And on this thread, another low level preps writer from the Midwest joins the board that keeps nights lively between middle school golf call-ins...

Ultimate to have done:

Play in the pre-class Indiana high school basketball state finals at the RCA/Hoosier Dome. Of course the IHSAA famously ruined this dream for me in 1996 and a turnover plagued fourth quarter cost me any shot at playing in the watered down 2001 state finals. Sigh.

To do:

Get to Fenway (been to Wrigley and Yankee Stadium)

Get to the Final Four (been to every other round of the NCAA tourney)

Get to see my two Big Ten alma maters play football in all of the Big Ten stadiums (more than halfway there)

Get to the French Open (I stood outside Roland Garros just a week after play had concluded back in 2000)

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Bingo

I'd REALLY want to go to a World Cup match. Nascar looks really cool too.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I could kick myself for not driving to Detroit last year to see the Steelers play in the Super Bowl.
    I was "this close" to going and I didn't, and I should have.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I thought tailgating was nuts at SEC football games. Then I spent hour after hour in the infield at the Derby. If you want young, drunken freaks with too much money, that is where you go.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The New York Mets in the World Series.

New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox, ALCS.

The Minnesota Timberwolves in the NBA Finals.

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Go to a Kentucky Derby and bet against a Triple Crown winner.

Did it back in my college days. Bet Run Dusty Run across the board vs Seattle Slew.

The last games at legendary arenas and stadiums. So far, MLG, Montreal Forum, Boston Garden and, less so, the Aud. Wrigley or Fenway in our lifetime? Probably not but I though Tiger Stadium was a forever thing.

Have to do the last game at the dump in Windsor, Ont.

Misc.:All Ireland hurling final. (Your joke here.)

YHS, etc

7. JLawson

JLawson Member

I do have the redneck trifecta down and the monster truck show I went to featured a tractor pull also *Bonus Points*. Now for the other great events I haven't done much, but I should be able to attend a ND football game in Sept. '08 when Nevada plays them and I go to cover the game. After that my list includes:

Attend a World Series with the Giants clinching it (after the 2002 debacle I don't think that's going to happen)
    I want to see a baseball game at all the stadiums including the current Yankee Stadium
    Catch a foul ball and home run

Draft saved Draft deleted