1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Sports Things to Do Before You Die?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PalmettoStatesport, Jun 13, 2007.

1. This morning on the drive into work, I heard two guys talking about their list of things to do sports related before they died. Of course, you had the usual (ND vs. USC fb, The Masters, etc.). I was wondering what some of your thoughts were on things you'd like to do.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Colorado Vs. Detroit in the NHL playoffs in both arenas... Though that is a long shot right now

3. Rambler

Rambler Member

See the Blackhawks in the playoffs. Sigh, that doesn't look good.

4. Mine is Cubs vs. Red Sox World Series, but I think we all know that is never going to take place.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The Kentucky Derby. Went this year and it was great, crossed it off the list.

Also, I still need to go to Fenway and Wrigley.

6. accguy

accguy Member

I've been pretty lucky between my youth and my job. I went to a World Series game as a kid. I've been to a buncha Final Fours and other cool stuff in my job so I don't want for much. (I am also very fine with never going to a Super Bowl). So my wish list reads like this:

1. Go to The Masters (even for a practice round).

2. Go to an Olympics (Probably Vancouver in '10).

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

The only two big events I haven't been to and want to get to are Wimbledon and the Kentucky Derby.

Haven't been to a Super Bowl and have no desire to do so.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I challenge you posters to do the redneck trifecta: a professional wrestling event, a monster truck show and a NASCAR race. I only need NASCAR to finish it.

9. Did all three. Went to Monday Night Raw, Monster Jam and the Pepsi 400.

10. YoungGun7

YoungGun7 New Member

me and my friends have talked about this before so i'm excited to get to post my list.

1. super bowl doesn't matter who. well, just not peyton manning
    2. lambeau field. i wish i could get there while favre is still around but i doubt that
    3. wimbledon
    4. and then your classic matchup games:
    army- navy
    usc- nd
    ohio state- michigan
    5. lacrosse championship as well. we don't have that down south.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If you're going to do it in a redneck vein, go balls to the wall, and attend a race in the Tallagega infield. At the end, you can ask, "who beat?"

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

One thing on my list is to go see Yankee Stadium before it closes.

Draft saved Draft deleted