1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top-notch newspaper web sites . . .

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BillyT, Apr 7, 2009.

1. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I am revamping my Newspaper bookmarks.

I have 28 in there, not all of which I read daily.

What I am looking for is really good sites that I might have overlooked.

I like sites with strong sports and opinion sections, solid breaking news and good photography.

Design is important too. I have read some of the "Best Of" lists, but figured I would poke around here,

I am not going to list all of them, but start with NYT, Washington Post, Boston Globe, SanFran, Des Moines, Albany and Glens Falls, because I live up here, The Day, the Norwich Bulletin and the Salem News, because I used to live there, and others like Anchorage, New Orleans and Syracuse *semi-local).

OK, fixed the spelling. Ya'all can comment now.

I have the Adirondack Death Flu, and I am on cough medicine.

Ideas?

I have one general Canadian news site, but nothing else.

2. Voodoo Chile

Voodoo Chile Member

I think the Las Vegas Sun is outstanding.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is that because it has something for everyone? From what I've heard from Web gurus, a good newspaper Web site needs to have everything and needs to change frequently.

I've tried to do that at my paper, which is published twice a week in print. It's paid off in traffic and page views.

4. Voodoo Chile

Voodoo Chile Member

The writing and reporting is terrific, I love the presentation and the use of multimedia is the best I've seen at any newspaper website. It's www.lvsun.com.

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Anybody else find a certain level of irony in the fact that this thread is exactly four posts long?

Kind of like Famous Jewish Athletes. . .

Draft saved Draft deleted