1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top McCain advisor: Terrorist attack would be great for my candidate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If McCain comes out against terrorists attacking the USA, we should call him a flip-flopper.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Horrid comment, no matter whether it's true or not.

Gotta love the name one reader came up for Sen. McCain.

The McChurian Candidate.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

As Richard Clarke said tonight, this is the ideal opportunity for McCain to show that he will not be a scarecrow on a stick and he will not engage in the politics of fear. He takes the first step toward that by asking for Black's resignation in the morning.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

As he probably should. And I would expect Obama to do the same if one of his advisors said something like that publicly.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'd be more sympathetic to the complaints of Obama supporters to the comment of the McCain staffer if I didn't think they were subconsiously rooting for setbacks for the U.S. military in Iraq and a bad economy. That's how they win.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

So ...

McCain advisor's actual comments, on the record < What you think Obama's supporters are thinking

7. Herbert Anchovy

One good reason why anyone would want this economy to go in the tank.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seriously, Hondo. How much worse can the economy get and how many more setbacks can we have in Iraq?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Has he asked for Black's resignation?
    All I see is McCain saying the comments were inappropriate and not true, and Black apologizing for them.

10. Herbert Anchovy

No, he hasn't asked for his resignation. This is McCain's chance to make a statement. Retaining Black is a clear indication that he has no interest in pulling his campaign out of the mud.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seems to me he's already sweeping it under the rug.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/23/mccain_denounces_top_aides_com.html?hpid=topnews&hpid=topnews

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Oh Jeezus fucking Christ! Give it a rest for once! Don't you ever get tired of this crap? Was anyone here hooting in joy over this?

Draft saved Draft deleted