1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top McCain advisor: Terrorist attack would be great for my candidate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Not Chris Russo!

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What is this endless fascination with Steve Buscemi? Don't get it.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Russo: "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS METEOR IS GONNA STRIKE EARTH BEFORE MY GIANTS CAN WIN THE WORLD SERIES AGAIN! IT'S A CONSPIRACY! EVERYONE'S OUT TO GET THE GIANTS! IT MAKES ME SICK! I'D PUT UP MY THREE KIDS IF IT MEANT STEERING THE METEOR AWAY FROM US LONG ENOUGH TO GET THE GIANTS TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES! THAT'S ALL I WANT!"

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Oh, Will (Clark) . . . he's my thrillllllll . . . "

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I wonder how long it takes before the Dems spin it like that, much like the Reps spun Michelle Obama's "finally proud of my country" quote.

7. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's solidly in the ballpark of the calibre of offhand quote the GOP has raked Dems
    over the coals with, for forty years.

Only weak thing about it? Black said it, not McCain.

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I don't know, the media seemed to have no problem running Jeremiah Wright's "Chickens coming home to roost" or "God Damn America" on a 24-7 loop.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I point out the singular weakness. Agree it could prove servicable . . . 'cept the soccer moms won't get the point.

11. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Now that they can't really scare people anymore by moving the threat level up to purple or red or whatever color it is, I do get the feeling that Republicans are rooting for a terrorist attack.

It's about the only scenario in which they could possibly keep some of their legislative power this November.

The more I think about it, the more I'm outraged by this comment. The very idea that Black and McCain advisers have discussed how a terrorist attack would play into their election strategy is disgusting.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Black ran a lobbying firm that represented Ferdinand Marcos and Ahmed Chalabi. He's accustomed to profiting from and has built his fortune on misery, destruction and fraud.

Sorry's not going to be good enough tonight, big boy.

Draft saved Draft deleted