1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top-five things chicks don't get about us

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 22, 2011.

1. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

And what's the deal with airline food, seriously?

Also, the DMV is slow.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The problem with chicks is that they think like chicks instead of dudes. AMIRITE????!!!!!

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That I don't really care what color the rug/wall/chair is.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

An addendum: That walking from store to store with nothing specific in mind to purchase is pure torture. TORTURE. If you don't know what you are shopping for, then whatever you find is going to be pure junk that will only add to the clutter.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Sweetheart, do these cheesburgers and beers make me look fat?

6. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

1. Yes, I really do want to watch 10 hours straight of football... every Sunday.

2. Farting always is, always was and always will be funny.

3. From the day we are born, the female breast is man's favorite part of the body. That pretty much never changes.

4. Going for a walk is not fun... unless we have a specific destination. And that destination should involve food and/or beer.

5. Yes, I do want to watch Goodfellas again. And Shawshank, and My Cousin Vinny, and The Godfather, and...

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

What I don't get...

With regard to sports...

The desire to watch meaningless NBA and meaningless MLB (i.e. after team has been mathematically eliminated from playoffs)

The uncanny recall of what number player X wore. I watch sports and see faces, bodies, etc. He sees numbers.

Other...

Love of gadgets/electronics

I used to not understand the lack of ability to sit still... but after having a son, I'm beginning to understand. You people are hardwired that way.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Great list.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And "Beaches," "Steel Magnolias" and other movies were never going to be nominated, much less win, any award for best movie. Yet you watched, by the millions.

Much has been covered; one that has not been:

I can easily go an entire day without saying a word, or not having to interact with another person, and be perfectly happy.

And there is nothing wrong with a good snot rocket. Nothing whatsoever.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

College football fans don't get how you could like IU football so I'm not sure this should be on the list.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"Sweetheart, do these jeans make me look fat?"

"No dear, your big butt makes you look fat. What about me?"

"The mere act of someone looking at you makes you look fat."

Also, almost no woman I've been around has understood the awesomeness of setting off your own fireworks, the bigger the better.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted