1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Tejas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 3, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, SF, I DVR eight things on Wednesdays. So I usually don't get to Top Chef until sometime Thursday.

I'm about to watch it now.

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

One thing I was happy to not see this week was the blantant man-love between Chicago Chris and his "best little buddy" Richie. That sideshow made me want to power-hurl.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I had to watch it this morning, otherwise I couldn't look at my twitter feed without having it spoiled.

And, yeah, overcooked fish is one of those things that will consistently get you sent home.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Apologies for spoiling any DVRing. I'm never really sure of the morning-after etiquette on such things.

5. imjustagirl

Oh, no, you're fine. I wouldn't have clicked on it if I didn't want to know. The results aren't as important to me as the journey, so I still went and watched.

That cigar thing was DISGUSTING looking. Barf. That being said, I really wanted to like Ed at the beginning (KENTUCKY REPRESENT) but my god is he a doosh.

I just felt like telling you that's why I didn't comment on here earlier. :)

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble finding anyone compelling/likeable in this group. Usually I have a good idea after the first couple episodes but not this season.

7. imjustagirl

Me either, Fly. I was thinking about that during the commercial that mentioned the fan favorite ... I guess Ty-Lor is the closest for me. But if he was gone next week, I wouldn't miss him.

8. dieditor

dieditor Member

Ed is super Lord God King Doosh. Oh, it's "ridiculous" to cook on a picnic table with Sterno and Vienna Sausage? Get over yourself, bro. It's a reality show.

9. imjustagirl

His face when the guy mentioned gummy bears? Looked like someone just shit in his mouth.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They had some great reaction shots of Tom after the ditsy blond commented on the food.

And, how about the size of those couples' weddings? 900 guests? 1200 guests?

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I think I'm rooting for the woman who cooks at Spiaggia in Chicago and who made the artichoke appetizer last night. But since I don't even know her name and am too lazy to look it up, I'm obviously not that invested.

12. imjustagirl

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted