1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Seattle

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Mira

Mira Member

Thanks for mentioning the Grantland piece. Thought I'd post a link. I liked it.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/69704/the-top-chef-seattle-finale-was-ruined-by-meddlesome-magical-elves

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Good analysis. And good point that Kristen's time in LCK probably helped her with the way the finals format was

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Met Richard Blais last night. He was doing a book signing. There was hardly anyone there -- it was not well promoted -- and I felt a little bad for him.

But we bought a book and had our picture taken with him.

Nice guy.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just got to the finale last night ... like y'all I hated the format and realized who was going to win based on the time left in the show.

What I don't get is why they felt the need to jazz up the finale. Have ratings been slipping the past few years? Was it a special deal to get the previous nine winners together?

Draft saved Draft deleted