1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was a little shocked at the number of times they used "pussy" (as in wimp) on the reunion show.

2. Inky_Wretch

Re: Stefan's clothing line

I'm thinking he's not going tell sell many tee shirts. The men's shirts only come in mediums and larges. The women's only come in small and medium.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's most clothing lines, at least those put out with names behind them.

They only want certain types wearing their clothes. Their prerogative.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A, "where are they now" type article in today's Times:

More here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/nyregion/thecity/03chef.html?pagewanted=all

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I met Jeff last week while I was staying at the Ritz Carlton in South Beach. He was really nice, although I didn't get the feeling that he had a great experience on the show...might be as simple as he thought he should win. He did say it was really a big deal for him to be able to cook for such famous chef's. I still think he bears an uncanny resemblance to Chase from "House".

Top Chef

Jeff got his culinary start at age 15 by cleaning local fish while working on Florida fishing boats and a year later began peeling shrimp, cleaning squid and cutting fish for The Marina Café. Jeff embarked on his professional career as a Sous Chef at Atlanticville Restaurant and Café outside of Charleston, South Carolina while attending school at Johnson & Wales University. He went on to hone his culinary skills as a Sous Chef in San Francisco at Azie, an upscale Asian fusion restaurant, and later served as a Sous Chef at the Five Star Orient Express resort in Virginia where he expanded on his knowledge of French and American cuisines. Returning to his native Florida, Jeff worked directly under Chef Norman Van Aken and then joined The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach culinary team. He currently serves as Chef de Cuisine of The DiLido Beach Club. His recent sabbaticals include traveling to North Africa, Turkey, Italy, and the Greek Isles to discover new techniques which he uses daily at home with Florida ingredients.

6. Inky_Wretch

I'm sorry, but every time I see the name of that restaurant I still think it says "The Dildo Beach Club."

7. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

I hear they do wonderful things with cucumbers there.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Me, too, Inky. They need to change the name.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

When I met him, I actually told him that every time they would chryon the name of the restaurant, I thought it said dildo. I got the impression that I wasn't the first one who told him that.....

Draft saved Draft deleted